10 Jan 2018
- By Bryan Manabat – [email protected] – Variety News Staff
ROQUE’S Tavern owner Juan Carlos was assaulted by unknown assailants around midnight Tuesday, Department of Public Safety Public Information Officer Jacqueline Shepard said.
DPS dispatch received a call about the incident, and upon arriving at the San Roque restaurant, she said police officers found a 53-year-old Caucasian male on the floor with blood on his head.
Officers contacted the Department of Emergency and Fire Medical Services whose first responders later transported the victim to the Commonwealth Health Center, Shepard said.
While at the scene, she said DPS detectives noticed broken glass on the floor by the entrance as well as a piece of lumber with blood stains.
She said there were other signs of struggle at the scene including an out-of-place cash register that was open and missing cash.
Detectives questioned the victim at CHC, but he said couldn’t remember if there had been any cash in the register or what happened.
He told the police that the last thing he remembered before blacking out was seeing three men enter the restaurant.
The victim was admitted to the hospital for further examination, and the case is currently under investigation, Shepard said.
Source: Marianas Variety : http://www.mvariety.com/cnmi/cnmi-news/local/101367-restaurant-owner-assaulted