23 Feb 2018
(Press Release) — Kagman Community Health Center is excited to offer the community diabetes self-management classes. Each class will be 30 minutes long from 9 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. at the clinic.
Diabetes self-management education is designed to improve an individual’s ability to care for their own diabetes and understand how to properly manage one’s condition. The class topics are to include: nutrition, monitoring blood sugar levels, performing daily foot checks, understanding the complications of diabetes and how to learning how to prevent them.
The first two classes are scheduled for:
• Saturday, Feb. 24, 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
• What can I eat now that I have diabetes and how much?
• Do I have to give up the foods that I love to eat?
• What foods affect my blood sugar levels?
• You will leave with practical tips on nutrition that you can use every day.
• Saturday, March 10, 9 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
Topic: Monitoring blood sugar levels
• How do I use a glucometer at home?
• When should I check my blood sugar?
• What do my blood sugar numbers mean?
• What are my goals?
You will leave understanding why checking your blood sugar and monitoring your levels is necessary.
Interested participants can call KCHC at 256-5242 to reserve their seat in the class. Participants are not required to attend all the classes. However, incentives will be offered with attendance and raffle entrees will be given to those who attend two classes or more. The raffle drawing will be held at Kagman Community Health Center during its fifth anniversary event on April 14, 2018.
Source: Marianas Variety : http://www.mvariety.com/cnmi/cnmi-news/local/102454-diabetes-self-management-classes-at-kagman-chc