15 Feb 2018
- By Bryan Manabat – [email protected] – Variety News Staff
THE case against a man accused of disturbing the peace of a woman was dismissed by Superior Court Judge Wesley Bogdan last week.
The defendant was Darwin Barbo, 34, and the alleged incident occurred in an elevator at the Kensington Hotel in June 2017.
Barbo was charged with two counts of disturbing the peace.
On Feb. 7, 2018, after a stipulation from the parties, Judge Bogdan issued an order of dismissal with prejudice.
Assistant Attorney General J. Robert Glass represented the government while attorney Bruce Berline was Barbo’s counsel.
Judge Bogdan ordered that the $500 bail posted by Barbo “be exonerated back to him.” Barbo’s passport was also to be released and returned immediately to him.
The alleged victim told police that prior to the incident, she met with Barbo, Kensington’s purchasing supervisor, about a hotel order. She said Barbo followed her into an elevator, causing her to feel uneasy. She also accused Barbo of touching her in an offensive manner without her consent, which led her to push him away.
Source: Marianas Variety : http://www.mvariety.com/cnmi/cnmi-news/local/102270-court-dismisses-disturbing-the-peace-case-2018-02-15