General

Generator fumes kill woman

A 44-year-old female staffer of Hana Health Massage in Susupe died due to inhalation of exhaust fumes from a generator, Variety learned.

The victim was found by the shop manager at 11 a.m., Tuesday. Initial investigation indicated that she died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Variety learned that after the victim’s house was destroyed by Typhoon Yutu on Thursday, she sought shelter at Hana Health Massage “because she had nowhere else to go.”

Police said they smelled a strong odor of gasoline fumes when they entered the establishment on Tuesday.  It is believed that the establishment’s generator was used indoors.

Generator safety tips

  • • Never use a generator inside, even in an attached structure like a garage or barn.
  • • Place generators at least 15 feet from your house. Make sure you have a long enough extension cord that’s in good condition.
  • • Point the exhaust away from your home and any windows, doors or vents.
  • • Keep generators dry to avoid the risk of electrocution and cool to prevent overheating.
  • • Install carbon monoxide detectors powered by batteries or with a battery backup.

Source: http://vitalsigns.bangordailynews.com/2015/07/22/home/think-youre-running-your-generator-safely-you-might-not-know-these-poisoning-risks/

Source: Marianas Variety : http://www.mvariety.com/cnmi/cnmi-news/local/108553-generator-fumes-kill-woman

About the author

Relative Posts

Leave a Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.